Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Post-Meeting Haze

It is the morning after our monthly church leadership meeting. Because of the ages of our kids, I tend to stay home with the munchkins while my husband leads the meeting. Then we de-brief. Since we share the leadership role in the church, we each try our best to stay well-informed even when we are not both able to be present for meetings or events. Unfortunately, these de-briefing sessions are not always constructive. They can be painful, frustrating, discouraging, and can leave whoever was not in the meeting wishing he/she had been there. Or, sometimes it can make the person who was at the meeting wish he/she could have stayed home! Ah, the grass is always greener...

So, once a month I stay up way too late thinking about things, talking to my husband about where we went wrong, what we could improve upon for next time, or (my personal favorite) "how did it get this bad?" As of late, that last question has dominated the discussion.

And so, this morning I'm tired. There is this weird snow-slushy-rain thing going on outside, and we are having a major fundraiser/event at the church this evening. I have got to snap out of this haze. Mornings like this remind me of why I so eagerly pray when leading communion "Even so - Come, Lord Jesus!" Come, Lord Jesus, into this mess - into the turmoil and haze of today. Remind me anew that miracles are possible, and thank you that you are able to work one even within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment