Sunday, November 13, 2011

Fasting

I've never done much with fasting. Have any of you? I have recently felt convicted that at least a portion of the struggles I am facing in my own life and in my ministry are due to poor connecting with God. I have always been intrigued by fasting, but have never really done much with it before.

I've always been underweight, so I'm nervous about attempting a food fast. One thing is for sure, I use facebook too much, and so I will be fasting from that. I have also felt convicted recently that "stuff" is too important to me. And so, I feel compelled to downsize, redistribute what I have to those who need it, and help teach my kids that stuff isn't everything.

I've got an accountability partner in place and together we are beginning our fast on Wednesday and it will go indefinitely. She is fasting from food and facebook. I'm fasting from facebook, and I still need to figure out the rest. I could use your prayers and encouragement as I try to reconnect with God spiritually and sort out my life so that ministry, life, and family all flow more naturally out of the core of who I am.

2 comments:

  1. Hi April!

    Thank you for your comment on my blog; it's exciting to get some encouragement from someone a few steps ahead of us in the ministry journey.

    I really appreciate the honesty of your own writing! I pray that you are finding yourself more deeply connected with God than ever as you intentionally disconnect from some of those things that seem to distract us all.

    grace + peace

    jaimiVB

    PS - I still daydream about that granola you sent as a "welcome-to-the-area" gift! We devoured it pretty quickly; It was so many kinds of delicious. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaimi, thanks so much for commenting :) I post here occasionally, but spend more time posting recipes on http://anapriladay.blogspot.com Would you like the granola recipe? It is super easy! Very glad you enjoyed it - you are reminding me I need to make some again!

    Hope you are feeling great as you grow a new life, and hoping that this season of ministry is blessing you and Brett!

    ReplyDelete